All 8th grade members should sign up for the Remind application for updates an activities, community service and meetings.
Resources for 7th Graders
· Excellent scholarship is one of the first requirements of the NJHS member*. Students must maintain a grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (85 percent or a "B" average). Members must strive to be an academic leader in the classroom. Members who fail to maintain a 3.0 cumulative gpa will be removed from the organization.
* A NJHS member is defined as an 8th grade student who applied, was accepted and was inducted as a 7th grader during the previous school year
Leadership & Character
· A member of the National Junior Honor Society must demonstrate academic achievement, as well as leadership and character qualities as outlined by the organization. The NJHS requires candidates to display the leadership qualities of resourcefulness, problem-solving skills, dependability and positive attitudes, as well as involvement in school and/or community activities.
· The NJHS also expects its members to uphold ethical and moral principles, as demonstrated by cooperation, honesty, reliability, courtesy, concern and respect for others. (see HJH’s behavior matrix)
· Members of the NJHS must demonstrate a dedication to service. This can be done by performing non-compensated duties or activities for the community or through a school. NJHS members are expected to display a positive, courteous and enthusiastic attitude while completing these tasks. A minimum of 20 hours is required by May each calender year to fulfill membership requirements.
· Those admitted to the National Junior Honor Society must show a solid sense of citizenship through mature and responsible participation in civic activities that display regard for freedom, justice and democracy. Examples of this may include scouting, community organization involvement or participation in extracurricular school clubs.
Read more: Criteria for Selection to the National Junior Honor Society | eHow.com